Standfast & Barracks is the UK’s leading specialist printer of high end furnishing, apparel and camouflage fabrics. Based in Lancaster, it has been printing fabrics for over 90 years and is one of the most versatile and capable printers in the world, producing the finest quality prints.
An opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Technician.
Your role is to support the QA Manager in achieving a consistent product through effective process control, quality control, product development systems and data collection.
You will be responsible for helping maintain all quality control procedures along with auditing critical process controls. Emphasis will also be on gaining technical knowledge of all processing to enable the quality budget to be achieved.
Specific responsibilities will also include:
– understanding principles of the QMS in line with BSI requirements to enable retention of the ISO 9001-2015 standard
– providing support for all departments on technical issues including product development, recipe costing, materials management and cost control. The aim is to reduce all costs, becoming more energy efficient and reduce chemical usage.
– Improve liaison between Sales, Design and Production teams re new product development, trials and processes
– ensure regular discussions with dye and chemical and machinery suppliers to identify opportunities for new product/process development
– actively initiate and participate in Lean projects aimed at improving all areas of waste in the business
– provide support to the Sales team in resolving customer technical queries
– support the Production team to improve quality performance and identify improvement actions
To be successful in this role you will need the following qualifications and skills:
– A level or equivalent in Maths and English
– A qualification in Textile Technology
– Knowledge of industry performance standards
– Problem solving skills and experience
– Good interpersonal and communications skills, written and verbal
– Be well organised, disciplined and able to prioritise workflow
– IT literate and able to use MS Office to a good standard
– Previous experience within a textile processing or manufacturing environment would be an advantage
Our hours of work will be from 8.30am to 5.00pm.
We offer a generous holiday entitlement, pension scheme & staff discounts.
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job. Standfast & Barracks are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants.
Closing date for applications is 30 September 2019.
If you have not heard from us within 10 working days from the closing date we are sorry but you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.