Why Join Standfast & Barracks?
Standfast & Barracks is one of the most versatile and innovative fabric printers in the world. We produce the finest quality prints for many design-led home furnishings and apparel brands on the market today.
We offer a bespoke design service to our customers. This includes producing high quality colour separations for colouration and engraving use, for both digital and conventional printing.
We produce prints combining both traditional and innovative cutting-edge technology. We offer a choice of fabric printing techniques including conventional rotary and flat-bed printing using a variety of dyes to the latest ink-jet digital technology. We pride ourselves on our quality and service to our customers.
There is an opportunity for someone to join our first class Design Studio to learn the techniques required to produce high quality colour separations.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Producing design layouts to customer specifications, ensuring the correct repeat sizes are used (dependent on chosen print method)
- Hand drawn colour separations in line with customer requirements
- Meeting customer timelines
- Keeping detailed and clear notes to ensure a comprehensive history for all designs undertaken
Essential Skills and Experience Required
- A strong portfolio of art work, particularly digital CAD work and hand drawn work is required
- Accuracy with a fine attention to detail
- A strong drawing ability
- A keen interest and passion for textile printing
- Good organisational and note-taking skills
- Good computer literacy required: pc essential, MAC not essential but desirable
- Level 3 or above in art or textiles
- Minimum grade C (GCSE) or equivalent in mathematics due to the technicality of this role
You will be self-motivated and able to manage your own workload, along with the ability to work within a team and with minimum supervision.
What’s In It For You?
You will enjoy 27 days annual leave and generous staff discounts. Training will be given on site in conjunction with Blackburn College.
If you like the sound of this as a career apply today. We look forward to hearing from you.
You must meet the legal requirements to apply for this job. At Standfast & Barracks we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants.
Closing date for applications: 25 January 2019
Please send your application letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We regret that we are unable to respond to all applications. If you have not received communication from us within 2 weeks of the closing date we regret that you have not been successful on this occasion.