An opportunity has arisen for an Archive Assistant to join our Design team.
The main responsibility of the role is to use CAD software to scan, log and file textile documents in a clear and concise manner; to build a good knowledge of the documents to enable selection of appropriate documents for selected customers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Use scanning equipment to visually record our textile documents and artworks
- Work in an organised and systematic way to categorise documents digitally using correct systems and software
- Create written descriptions and keywords for each document
- Assessing flood damaged documents for suitability of future use
- Work in an organised and systematic way to categorise original documents and archives, and paper copies in our archive room
- Work alongside the Product Development Manager on various customer and archive based projects
- Work with our Creative Marketing Assistant to select documents and create regular, targeted marketing via email and post. As well as working on archive based imagery for our social media platforms and company website, which should be updated frequently
- Take direction from the Designers to select suitable documents to work from for particular projects
- To communicate with external European archives to source appropriate documents
- To manage royalty payments for licenced documents
- Facilitate external archive audits
- Sending sample requests to customers, managing stock of samples and upkeep of customer sample database.
- To create packages of documents that are focussed to particular markets appropriate for individual sales trips and meetings.
- Research the provenance of documents to help customers with background information for their products launches
- Carry out research to ensure any documents are not already being produced in the current marketplace
- To assist with company heritage projects such as open days and exhibitions
- To keep good standards of housekeeping
- To follow all health and safety rules and regulations.
- To look at ways of improving health and safety within the department.
- To carry out all other reasonable duties as requested
The successful applicant will be a team player with the ability, personality & professionalism to communicate with all levels of personnel & customers. You must be able work with a high degree of detail, be self-motivated and take pride in your work.
You must have a knowledge of styles of textile designs and be very organized and systematic.
Qualifications: A degree in a textile/archive subject is desirable but not essential.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 8 October 2018. This should include a covering letter and CV.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.00pm.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to contact all applicants directly. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks from the closing date we regret that your application has not been successful.